Friday, November 30, 2007

Where my chinchillas live..

There's a view of my chinchillas' home.


Ok, other than sleep time it's more like a prison to them.

As usual there's a food dish, a bottle of water, the 'mushroom' and the 'fish' house for them to sleep or hide, a block of wood for them to chew on(but, argh.., they still prefer the walls outside), the calcium block(sometimes it's a block of pumice that would disappear within three days maximum). The cage came with two ladders connecting the different levels, which I thought, happily, they would look so cute running up and down the ladders. But they simply ignore the ladders and jump from level to level, or worse, jump off the ladder about half way. I removed the ladders after day one as not only did the ladders seem like an insult to their agility, it also posed a danger to my chinchillas as it would fall off due to their violent jumping(never have anything that's not fixed onto the cage).
I have thought of changing the cage to a slighty bigger one, but hey, what's the difference, since all they want is to be out of the cage and run(and chew)amok in my living room.

No comments: