Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Treats I give my chinchillas

Apples!I will give them small slices of apple either everyday or every other day. Oreo, my more sensitive chin, will jump about in his cage(oh so very noisy, making sure that I can hear him) every time i open the fridge at night. Then he will stick his nose out, his whiskers twitching away expectantly while I walk pass. I am really amazed by his senses as he's in the living room and can't see the fridge in the kitchen.

The other thing is fresh sweet corn. Without my knowledge, my mum(she loves to feed them 'new' things to see their reaction)gave them some while she was cooking lunch. I didn't expect them to like it as they will leave the dried version in their pet food, untouched(yes, I admit, they are spoiled). But they absolutely love the fresh corn.

But due to fresh food high moisture content(which can cause bloat in chinchilla),I only give them small slices of these 'treats' and at most once a day.

No comments: